How to easily manage long path files and folders
In the information age we are living in today computers are very important. Through computers, we are able to make our life easier and even businesses are easy to run. However there are times when it gets very hard to work with them especially when you are not able to make changes, delete or copy files from one folder to the other. In most cases, folders and files with long path name bring about this problem.
Ways of knowing that you are uncounted with long path name issue
If you are new with computers you will not identify directly what is the problem with your machine. This is because many people know how to use machines, but very few know how to diagnose a problem when uncounted by one. There are a few who are well versed with computer application problems, but a good majority will have to consult an IT expert. To know when a long path faces you is not difficult because the error message gives a hint why the file cannot be worked on. Some of the common error messages you receive are:
• Filename is not valid,
• cannot remove folder,
• Path too long for installer to modify path,
• Path too long – aborting (error code 80/1)
• WinRAR total path plus its filename must not be exceeded,
• the file name(s) is very long than the destination folder. Shorten the file, name, then try again, or try a different location with a shorter path,
• the system unable to find the path specified there is a WinRAR error,
• this item could not be found,
• the path selected is too deep,
• destination Path Too Long.
The above-listed error messages and many more are just but an indication that you are faced with a long path name folder or file.
What are the functions that window will not do on long path names folders and files?
You might have experienced this problem or maybe you have not. This problem is mostly encountered when you are trying to:
• Delete folders or files,
• Copy folders or files and
• Rename files and folders that have a long path name
This problem mainly occurs because window cannot work on folders and files that have a path name longer than 256 characters. To go past this, you will require a tool known as long path tool.
With the long path tool, you will be able to work on all files no matter their path name length. It has the capacity to copy, rename or even delete files and folders with path names as long as 2,000 characters. Apart from just renaming, copying and deleting you will also be able to:
• Close applications that use the file,
• Delete files that are locked by the system,
• Delete files that are from mapped network folders
Long path tool is an important tool to have in your machine. It is easy to download and it does not require any special system requirements. It can work on all windows machine regardless of the version. Just download and create an icon on the desktop. When you click on the icon all your files and folders will be listed on one window and you will be able to work on them as you please. It has a user-friendly interface that everyone can be able to work with.