Long Path Tool
Fix the “Path/Filename too long” problem when moving, renaming, copying, or deleting files.
Managing files with long filenames can cause problems on a computer. Error messages are displayed to inform a user that a problem has occurred when copying, renaming, or deleting files with long filenames. Windows Explorer, FAR, or any other similar file managing programs only allow a maximum of 256 characters for a filename. Longer than that could cause error.
Long Path Tool is developed to solve the problem of handling filenames longer than 256 characters. It can manage files and folders with names up to 32,000 characters.
Long Path Tool – what is it?
Long Path Tool is a program to organize and manage files and archives. It has a user-friendly interface and provides simple options in managing files. This tool can probably end your problems in unlocking, managing, and renaming files that exceeded the maximum character limit of your computer’s operating system.
What can Long Path Tool do?
Long Path Tool allows you to manage your files that have long filenames. It can do the following:
- close applications that uses a file being managed
- unload locking process
- copy files and folders
- delete files and folders
- delete system-locked files
- delete files even from mapped network folders
- delete after reboot
- omit file names that you specified as not valid or too long
- list files and paths which have a file/path name of more than 200 characters
Errors and error messages solved by Long Path Tool
When managing your files, it can be frustrating if you cannot proceed with the copying, renaming, or deleting a file due to the long filename restriction. Instead of going back and forth from your folders on your computer or network, you can use Long Path Tool to fix the filename too long, too long path, and path too long error messages.
Here are the error and error messages that can be fixed when using Long Path Tool:
- Error in deleting a file or folder
- Error in copying a file or folder
- Path is too long
- Cannot remove folder
- Destination path is too long
- Windows delete path is too long
- Cannot delete ‘<filename>’: Cannot read from source file or disk.
- Cannot delete ‘<filename>’: Access is denied.
- Cannot delete ‘<filename>’: There has been a sharing violation.
- The filename you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different filename.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- The file is in use by another program or user.
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
- The filename or extension is too long.
- The path is too deep.
- Could not find this item.
- The filename you specified is not valid or too long.
- The file could not be accessed.
- Source Path Too Long
- The path you entered, ‘<filename>’, is too long. Enter a shorter path.
- ‘<Filename>’ could not be found. Check the spelling of the file name, and verify that the file location is correct.
Advantages of Long Path Tool
Long Path Tool is easy to use even a person who is not technically-inclined can use it. It is a convenient program that can work with most operating systems. You can use it as a permanent solution to managing files effectively. With this program, you can even search files and folders with long file/path names quickly.
Many of those who tried this tool were impressed by the versatility and effectiveness in handling files. They have recommended it to their friends so they too could use Long Path Tool.
Download Long Path Tool
There are no special system requirements in downloading Long Path Tool. Any Windows version on your computer (NT/2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8) is compatible with this file managing program.
To use Long Path Tool, you must first download it online and save all your settings on your computer. Downloading is easy. You can download the Free Trial Version so you can try this program without charge and see for yourself how you can benefit from it. After downloading, create an icon on your desktop for easy access.
How to use Long Path Tool?
When you copy, rename, or delete a file with a long filename, you must first click the Long Path Tool icon that you created. A window will appear and display all your folders and files. In this window, you can open, rename, delete, or move your files without error messages popping every time you manage your files. It is simple and convenient to use and the interface can be easily understood by any user.