Filename Too Long Windows 7 Fix
Long Path Tool is the easiest way to fix the annoying ‘File Path Too Long’ errors experienced when opening, copying, moving, renaming or deleting files. The disturbing file management errors make difficult the retrieval, backing up and other file management procedures.
So how to fix filename too long in 2018?
All Operating Systems have set character limits for file names. The pre-set maximum characters for a filename are usually 256 but can exceed up to 260 characters depending on the OS. These errors pop up because you are trying to save, rename, copy, move or delete a file that breaches this limit. The file path is not part of the filename when you save the file at the first time. The OS will however consider the file path as part of the file name in later execution commands. When you execute a file that sits in a folder with a very long file path that exceeds the limit, then you will get the ‘File Path Too Long’ errors.
‘Filename Too Long’ Error Messages
These file management error messages are mostly straightforward as to what is causing them. For instance, you may get either of the following error messages when you try to delete, copy, rename, unlock, move or open incredibly long files and folders.
- Path too long,
- Destination Path Too Long
- Windows delete path too long
- The specified file or folder name is too long. The URL path for all files and folders must be 260 characters or less. Please type a shorter file or folder name.
- 0 80010135 Path too long
- Error: cannot delete file
- File cannot be copied
- There has been a sharing violation
- Cannot delete file or folder: The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different name.
- Error deleting file or folder
- Error copying file or folder
- The file name or extension is too long
- The path you entered is too long. Enter a shorter path.
At times, the error messages are not manifested in a straightforward manner. When you try to open, delete or copy a file or folder, the error message can be as naïve as
- Cannot Open
- ‘Cannot Copy
- File name could not be found
- The file could not be accessed
- File name is not valid
- Could not find this item.
A file may also not open correctly. Such files close immediately they open without any error message. When you right click on the problematic files, they give you a restricted number of selections in the right-click menu. Windows Explorer will not execute commands on a filename exceeding 256 characters and will instead show the Path Too Long error.
The Ultimate Filename Too Long Fix
The Long Path Tool will effortlessly wipe out all these errors and limitations. It is the ultimate solution to deleting, copying, unlocking and renaming too long files and folders. The Long Path Tool sidesteps filename character limitations and will execute commands on any file lengths that can be accommodated by your OS. With the Long Path Tool program, you are able to fix all Path Too Long, Filename is Too Long, Too Long Path and Filename Too Long errors once and for all.
The Long Path Tool gives you the freedom to eradicate all file management errors and is designed in a manner that lets you work on a sleek and easy to use interface.
The Long Path Tool is Compatible with all Windows Operating Systems
To make the deal even juicier, the Long Path Tool is compatible with any Windows Operating System from the earlier versions of Windows 95, 98, Me, Windows NT, 2000, 2003, to Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. The LPT is also useful in abolishing file management errors in Windows Server 2000, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2012.
How to Solve File Management Errors with the Long Path Tool
- Download the Long Path Tool program online at LongPathTool.com for any Windows OS.
- Make a Long Path Tool icon on your desktop to ensure stress-free access.
- When you need to manage a file or folder with a long filename, just click on the LPT icon on your desktop.
- The LPT sleek interface will open straightaway to present all your files and folders.
- Now you can execute all commands on all files and folders without any file management errors whatsoever. Copy, delete, rename, move and open files and folders with peace of mind.
The Long Path Tool is a mighty program to solve all File Name Too Long error messages on Windows 7 and all other Windows OS. The LPT presents all your files and folders in a modest, easy to use interface that is clear for everybody. The program Long Path Tool doesn’t have any special provisions and is fast in execution. Download the Long Path Tool at LongPathTool.com to solve all your file management errors.