Dealing With the ‘Path Too Long’ Error
Tired and frustrated of that sickening “path too long” error that your computer keeps throwing at you? Well, you don’t have to worry about this problem anymore. The latest long path tools can help fix this problem with a simple click of the mouse. This is a typical problem that frequently occurs when the name of a file or folder exceeds 255 characters. This leads to problem copying, sharing, and deleting such files.
The only solution in most cases was to rename your file or folder with a shorter name. This could be a problem at times, because you ended up with a whole list of short, cryptic file and folder names, which made no sense to you. The advantage with long file names is that you can be specific when naming them, so you can identify them easily later. Thanks to this utility, you can now use long file names without any worries.
Features of Long Path Tool
This software tool is simple to use and can provide you with a quick and complete solution to your problems with long filenames.
- Long path tools can be simple for most users with their clean, simple interface.
- Comprehensive list of options.
- Quick search to find all files and folders with long filenames on selected drive.
- Is compatible with all versions of Windows, including Windows XP, Vista, 7, NT, and 2000.
- Will delete locked system files.
- Delete files with long names across mapped network drives.
- Will provide listings of all paths and files, where the file path has exceeded 200 characters.
- Safely shuts down applications that are using the file.
- Will safely unload a locked process.
- Files and folders with long names can be copied or deleted.
- All files are safely deleted after rebooting your machine.
Types of Error Long Path Tool Can Solve
The typical errors that can be solved by this software include all the following Windows error messages.
- You need to be sure that the disc that is being used is not write or full protected and also it is not being used anywhere else currently.
- Check that if the access is denied to delete the file
- The file is being used by some other program.
- Error Deleting folder or File
- Folder or file cannot be deleted. The specified file is either too long or not valid. You need to specify a different name for the file.
- The source or destination file may be in use.
- There has been a sharing violation.
Advantages of Long Path Tool
Easy to Use – This type of software is very simple to use. The options are simple to understand, and any person can use this software.
Simple Installation – All you need to do is download the file, and run the installation. There are no complicated settings to worry about.
Inexpensive – This software is available at a very low cost, and also offers you free upgrades.
With the Long Path Tool, you do not have to worry about long filenames errors ever again.