Deleting locked files must have been a painful episode for you on an overall. The implementation of certain steps will help you in successfully resolving the issue and avoid errors such as Cannot delete file: Access is denied� in a perfect way.
Some of the precautions have been given below so that you could easily avoid the problem.
- Ensure that the disk under use is write-protected. Also, the file should not be used currently by any other user.
- Locate the exact user or users who will be using the program currently. You can even make an attempt to know the exact reason why the file has been locked.
- Spyware could be one reason that why the file has been locked even after no other user has been found using the file.
- Right-click on the file to find out those users or processes that have been using the file concurrently.
- You need to find a software to unlock like long path tool unlocker that might be able to solve the problem.
If the above steps are unworthy, then login as administrator. Right-click on the file and then go to Properties > Security > Full Control > Ok. Select the file to be delete.